PivotStor’s TL1000 Stand-Alone Tape Drive provides affordable ways of archiving, storing, and backing up information whether it’s for home office storage, small business data storage or medium-sized enterprise storage.
PivotStor’s Stand-Alone Tape Drive is high-performance storage for streamlined workflows. With next-generation performance and capacity for improved total cost of ownership, the TL1000 Stand-Alone Tape Drive is the standard in high performance tape data protection and archive.
Hardware-based data encryption, WORM protection, and removable storage that are offline to threats make PivotStor’s TL1000 Stand-Alone Tape Drive a highly reliable safety net and a secure, optimal platform for long-term digital archive.
The TL1000 Stand Alone Tape Drive provides long-term storage at the lowest cost possible by utilizing LTO LTFS technology to protect your content for up to 30 years with little to no power requirements and maintenance. while addressing your long-term archival needs.
TL1000 Stand-Alone Tape Drive
Benefit from enterprise-class data storage, retention, and scalability—affordably priced and designed for your small to mid-size business.
- PivotStor LTO Ultrium Tape Drives represent seven-generations of LTO technology capable of storing up to 15 TB per cartridge, with seamless manageability, hardware data encryption and ease of use at an unprecedented performance, you can be confident that your data is safe by monitoring drive and media utilization, operational performance and life/health information for drive and media.
Data hardware encryption using AES 256-bit provides easy-to-enable security to protect the most sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access of tape cartridges. Linear Tape File System (LTFS) is an open format for storing data on tape that makes LTO generation 5 and later tapes self-describing and file-based.
Capable of data transfer rates up to 300 MB/sec native, Data Rate Matching further optimizes performance by matching host system speed to keep drives streaming, thus enabling the fastest tape performance.
Outstanding Capacity and Performance, Monitoring Capabilities, Hardware Encryption & LTFS
- PivotStor’s LTO Ultrium Tape Drives provide up to 15 TB of compressed capacity on a single cartridge.
- PivotStor’s Linear Tape File System (LTFS) allows customers to store data in an open format making the tape self-describing and file-based.
- PivotStor’s TapeAssure offers customers the ability to make the best use of their investment and be confident that their data is safe by monitoring drive and media utilization, operational performance and life/health information for drive and media, allowing the switch from reactive to proactive management.
- Enables even the tightest backup window to be met with unprecedented performance.
- Provides highest level of security with compression for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance quickly and with fewer cartridges.
Why PivotStor’s TL1000 Stand Alone LTO Tape Drive Is Unique
TL1000 Stand Alone LTO Tape Drive Technical Specifications
The PivotStor LTO-7 Ultrium 15000 tape drive represents the seventh-generation of LTO tape drive technology capable of storing up to 15TB (compressed 2.5:1) per cartridge while providing enterprise tape drive monitoring and management capabilities, ease of use with support for LTFS and AES 256-bit hardware data encryption easy to-enable security to protect the most sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access of tape cartridges.
Capable of data transfer rates up to 300 MB/sec (native), with Speed Matching feature further optimizes performance by matching speed of host to keep drives streaming and increase the reliability of the drive and media.
The Ultrium 15000 tape drives provide investment protection with full read and write backward support with LTO-6 media, and the ability to read LTO-5 cartridges. By more than doubling the native capacity of previous generation Ultrium drives, PivotStor’s customers now require fewer data cartridges to meet their storage needs, significantly reducing their IT costs and increasing their ROI.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Stand Alone Tape Drive?
Tape Drive is an external drive, incorporating the seventh generation of Linear Tape-Open (LTO) technology in a small form-factor. This external standalone or rack-mountable unit is the entry point for PivotStor’s family of LTO Ultrium tape products. It is designed to provide greater capacity and an improved data transfer rate with the capability for data encryption and media partitioning with a 6 Gbps SAS interface connection. In addition, TL1000 can read and write LTO Ultrium 7 data cartridges and can read LTO Ultrium 6 data cartridges.
What's included with the TL1000 Stand Alone LTO Tape Drive
- External, half-height, LTO-7 Ultrium 6GB/s SAS tape drive
- Warranty – year(s)
- 1 Year Standard Warranty
- What’s in the box
- PivotStor TL1000 LTO Tape Drive, the option to download Yosemite Server Backup Basic backup and recovery software, LTO-7 Ultrium 15 TB Data Cartridge, multi-language labels, power cord, SAS High Density cable, documentation
What are the technical specifications?
Recording technology LTO-1 Ultrium, LTO-2 Ultrium, LTO-3 Ultrium, LTO-4 Ultrium, LTO-5 Ultrium, LTO-6 Ultrium, LTO-7 Ultrium Media labeling Write-on labels in box Media format Rewritable and Write-once media Quantity per package 1 Maximum, depending on model Capacity 15 TB Compressed 2.5:1 Maximum, depending on model Read speed up to 300 MB/sec native Maximum, depending on media type Product color LTO-1 medium blue; LTO-2 red; LTO-3 yellow; LTO-4 green; LTO-5 light blue; LTO-7 grey Tape length 960 m Maximum, depending on model Tape width (metric) 12.65 mm Tape thickness 5.6 mm Minimum, depending on model Base film type Metal particle or Barium ferrite Bit density 485.6 Kb/in. Maximum, depending on model Number of data tracks 3.584 Maximum, depending on model Magnetic layer coercivity 2500 – 2700 Oe Maximum, depending on model Archival storage life 30 years Drive compatibility Storage Media Compatibility Matrix: hptapecompat.com
How do I install an external tape drive?
Installing an external tape drive
Connecting to an external SAS port
The product includes a cable to connect the tape drive to an External Mini SAS High Density (SFF-8644) port.
If the server has a different type of SAS port, either purchase the appropriate cable, or purchase and install a recommended HBA and associated drivers before installing the tape drive.
To connect the SAS cable:
1. Power off the server.
2. If the server does not have an active external SAS port, install the new HBA.
3. Plug the SAS cable Mini SAS connector into the Mini SAS port on the tape drive.
4. Plug the connector on the other end of the SAS cable into the SAS port on the server.
5. Connect the power cord to the tape drive.
6. Connect the other end of the power cord to a grounded power outlet.