STORAGE DENSITYExceptional storage density with up to 720TB with the TL4000 LTO Tape Library
REMOVABLE MAGAZINESRemovable magazines with user-configurable mail slots
ENCRYPTION SECURITYAchieve the highest level of encryption security to secure confidential business information while meeting compliance guidelines
CAPACITY GROWTHQuick, easy, and affordable capacity growth.
TL4000 LTO Tape Library
Versatile, expandable, affordable
Automated Data Protection
Regular, disciplined backup is a vital part of a complete disaster recovery strategy. PivotStor’s TL4000 Scalable Library is a powerful tape library that helps organizations automate their backup processes to reduce the need for manual intervention and the risk of human error. PivotStor’s TL4000 uses optical cartridge location technology for precision cartridge handling and inventory, which helps improve the overall reliability of backups.
Tapes can be imported and exported individually using the mail slot or twelve at a time using one of four magazines. The library utilizes barcode-scanning technology to record the location of tape media, so you can be assured that your critical data is properly stored and ready in case disaster strikes.
An on-board, user-friendly LCD interface allows you to easily monitor, control, configure, and service the library. While you are away, the tape library enables you to remotely administer all functions, including system status and logs, diagnostics and drive operations, as well as configuration and inventory management features.
The comparative low cost for tape — combined with its long history of proven reliability — helps ensure its continued use for both backup and archiving. The portability of tape enables it to be taken off-site and stored in a vault. In addition, LTO tape technology supports write-once, read-many (WORM) capability, which enables permanent data storage that cannot be overwritten — a requirement of many compliance regulations.
Big Capacity, Small Space
With its compact form factor, the PivotStor TL4000 packs an impressive amount of information in a small amount of space. Occupying only four units (4U) of rack space, the library can hold up to 48 tapes — ideal for small office environments managing explosive data growth.
TL4000 LTO Tape Library Technical Specifications
- Automates data protection tasks to leave more time for other business issues
- Provides 38.4 TB of compressed storage capacity in a 4U form factor saving valuable rack space
- Hot swap drives make upgrading or replacing a drive quick and easy. Simply power down current drive and remove from the library. Insert new drive and power up from the front panel or remote management interface
- Reduce installation time with rack-ready units Choose from a range of libraries, tape drives, and interfaces to best suit your needs
- Manage the library from across the room or across the globe with browser-based remote management interface
- Increase capacity and performance easily with tool-free drive upgrades
- Single cartridge or bulk loading of media with removable magazines and user configurable load port
- Extensive compatibility testing to ensure the TL4000 works with industry-leading servers, operating systems and backup software
- The TL4000 Tape Library supports 48 data cartridges for a total capacity of 38.4 TB (compressed). The TL4000 Tape Library supports 48 data cartridges for a total capacity of 19.2 TB (compressed)
- Status information on the drive and system
- System configuration operations and reporting
- System error and status logs
- Library and drive firmware upload capabilities
- Diagnostic tests and information
- Cartridge movement for maintenance and management purposes
- Cleaning cartridge support
- Security and access control
Why PivotStor’s TL4000 LTO Tape Library Is Unique
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the TL4000 Tape Library?
What's included with the TL4000 LTO Tape Library
What are the technical specifications?
What do I do if... ?
Where can I download firmware?
TL4000 Tape Library Firmware
PivotStor Product Resources and Firmware